MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login template? where is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,
i've customized the welcome block template recently, but now I got a problem.
this is how an unregistered user sees the welcome block:
[Image: login1a.png]

the problem is that if that user click on "login", he'll see this:
[Image: login2t.png]

i've been looking for the template of that "login form", but i haven't found it yet.
can you please tell me where i can find it?

thank you in advance for you help Smile
quick login box is from general.js file ..

uhm... i don't understand quite nothing of java ._.
but i just need to restrict the text fields. can you tell me how i can do that? Smile
^ may be better to use a related plugin !! see strict username
the quick login box, the one that pops open when you click login, is built by javascript in the general.js file and the quick_login() function.

you need to modify that to make it work

the best solution is to change the two lines of

}).insert({ bottom: " " });

to

}).insert({ bottom: "<br />" });

in that function and see if that helps. however, if you use multiple themes, then that may mess up the look of those.

personally, I'd turn it into a CSS menu and modify the templates. see my site for an example
:oops: I was mistaken again !!
(2011-12-20, 08:03 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]personally, I'd turn it into a CSS menu and modify the templates. see my site for an example

No offense, but its looking not good. Since the login box disappears when the mouse pointer leaves the div.

I uses a more advanced login in my site Toungue
wait wait o.o
@ranjani, the problem is not the maximum length of the usernames, but the width of the text fields!

@paveman,
i think that what you suggest will only put the password text field in another line. this is not what i need. i need to reduce the width of those text fields Smile
what you've done in your site cannot be a solution to my problem, because, even if i copy your idea, the "quick login form" will still fill bad the available space!
(2011-12-20, 08:14 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but its looking not good. Since the login box disappears when the mouse pointer leaves the div.

I uses a more advanced login in my site Toungue

You may not like it, but it works for me. I do need to work on making permanent expanding, but that will come later. I was only suggesting that he look into a CSS solution as it would be simpler.

(2011-12-20, 08:22 PM)Ziel van brand Wrote: [ -> ]wait wait o.o
@ranjani, the problem is not the maximum length of the usernames, but the width of the text fields!

@paveman,
i think that what you suggest will only put the password text field in another line. this is not what i need. i need to reduce the width of those text fields Smile
what you've done in your site cannot be a solution to my problem, because, even if i copy your idea, the "quick login form" will still fill bad the available space!

then dont do my changes above but change the "class": "textbox" to something else like "class": "textbox_ql" and then in global.css, duplicate the textbox class, rename it to textbox_ql and set a width in that style

:O
thank you! Big Grin

problem solved Smile