MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my forum got hacked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

how's everyone doing?

been gone for soo long.. takin care of me personal life.. was shocked to hear my client complaining about his board being hacked.. Sad(

obviously i've not been able to update it since i first installed it... and there's been LOTS of releases already..

so now im screwed...

the site is: windandwavedavao.com/forums/

i can see the forum briefly but it suddenly gets REDIRECTED to this bastard's website...

please help...

HOW DO I REMOVE THE REDIRECTION? is this a known MyBB exploit? i tried looking trhough the index.php and include files and i can't seem to find where the redirection script was inserted..

i need the board UP and RUNNING asap, then, upgraded right after..

please help ... thanks

PS
im using myBB 1.03 on *nix server..
Try reverting all the templates...

I believe the main ones are index / header.
in a state of panic i went ahead and downloaded the latest released and followed the upgrade instructions.. in the process now... will keep ya'll updated.. Sad
You don't need to use the upgrader script if you're upgrading from MyBB 1.03. Just replace the files (with the exception of inc/config.php and inc/settings.php) on your webserver with the ones in the 1.1.7 zip.
thanks.. nice to see im not alone in this dilema.. i mean. not that it's nice but.. well you know what i mean. lol

hope this issue gets fixed soon.. this turkish hacker dude is annoying.
Quote:You don't need to use the upgrader script if you're upgrading from MyBB 1.03. Just replace the files (with the exception of inc/config.php and inc/settings.php) on your webserver with the ones in the 1.1.7 zip.

i tried this already.. the documentation says i run the update.php too and select the version im currently on.. should i do so?

well, even if i would, my current version (1.03) isnt in the drop down list.. all i see are RELEASE CANDIDATES and PREVIEW RELEASES versions..
Quote DennisTT:
You don't need to use the upgrader script if you're upgrading from MyBB 1.03.

You just need to patch your files, except for config.php & settings.php to update your board to the latest version.
umm.. well.. it's still didnt fix the problem.. Sad im still getting redirected to that turkish dude's website.. Sad
Well, you obviously did not follow my instruction on http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...047&page=2

I give a step-by-step on how to recover your site. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them or PM me.
Pages: 1 2