MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Webmaster Forum. Yes, another one..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-12-21, 06:29 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-21, 06:17 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]To sum up the above posts... Give up now.

Oh, and don't listen to this tool ^.

Well. this 'tool' has a valid point. His site is an EXACT copy of DP.. lol, which will be like every HF clone out there. will go about a week, the owner will realize "wow, this sucks" then close it. He could have at least renamed some of the boards, and changed the descriptions. Why would anyone choose to join his site with zero content when there is another that is EXACTLY the same, and is established. Lol. And i don't mean to sound mean, or sound like i'm just putting your site down, but ya, be unique.
(2011-12-21, 03:54 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Lessen the forums and start creating content. Only put forums that you need as you start and add as the forums grows.

This. You need to delete more than half of the sections you've created. Then you need to put your lime into work mode and post as much content as you can.

The theme is nice, it's typical of a webmaster forum, professional. The domain isn't bad either. But yeah, I'd have about 3 categories at most. You only add more sections when one is crammed up and/or lots of members want to talk about one specific piece of content and there's no where to post it.

Categories:

Site Related (call it what you want, Announcements, introductions, feedback etc)
Webmaster (sums itself up)
Off-topic

(2011-12-21, 06:17 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]To sum up the above posts... Give up now.

I've taken your advice and created new categories and removed the others.

Thanks again.
(2011-12-21, 08:07 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]

Well. this 'tool' has a valid point. His site is an EXACT copy of DP.. lol, which will be like every HF clone out there. will go about a week, the owner will realize "wow, this sucks" then close it. He could have at least renamed some of the boards, and changed the descriptions. Why would anyone choose to join his site with zero content when there is another that is EXACTLY the same, and is established. Lol. And i don't mean to sound mean, or sound like i'm just putting your site down, but ya, be unique.

I'm not arguing with what's wrong atm with his site. I'm arguing with him telling OP to give up. How can you condemn that? Were you an outright success in your early days of setting up forums? Never give up, because you won't learn. My first forum was a .freewebs general discussion forum with like 600 sections. So tell me, how is his point valid?

<snip>

EDIT: Thanks to the ADVICE he was given, his site is looking much much better (still concentrate on unique section names/descriptions. Don't copy other sites OP Smile).
(2011-12-22, 12:12 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Thanks to the ADVICE he was given, his site is looking much much better (still concentrate on unique section names/descriptions. Don't copy other sites OP Smile).

The webmaster categories are from my head, they weren't copied Toungue
Imo, you still need to compress your forums. Think it through and try to have 2-3 categories and 8-12 forums.
I like the theme but I think the niche is overused.
Pages: 1 2