MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big problem, please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am the superadmin on a new forum I made some days ago..

I put myself into a group I called "Owner". I forgot to put the correct permissions on it.. so now I don't got permission to do anything.. I made a friend of my admin before this happend, but he can't put me in the admin group because he is not superadmin..

soo anyone know what I can do to fix this?
In phpmyadmin, run this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;

This'll put you back in the admin usergroup so you can fix things. Either that, or make your friend a super admin temporarily by editing /inc/config.php and adding their UID to the list.
(2011-12-21, 04:13 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]In phpmyadmin, run this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;

This'll put you back in the admin usergroup so you can fix things. Either that, or make your friend a super admin temporarily by editing /inc/config.php and adding their UID to the list.

how do I get into phpmyadmin? is that in the admincp or something?

I can make my friend that is admin go to the admin cp, but where do I find phpmyadmin?

thanks for your help anyways Smile

and on the other method I couldn't find config.php
Phpmyadmin is usually provided by your host. If you're on shared hosting and are using cPanel (or any other alternative), you will be able to access it through that.

config.php is found within the /inc/ folder. it'll definitely be there (it's needed to make MyBB work).
(2011-12-21, 04:48 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Phpmyadmin is usually provided by your host. If you're on shared hosting and are using cPanel (or any other alternative), you will be able to access it through that.

config.php is found within the /inc/ folder. it'll definitely be there (it's needed to make MyBB work).

Thank you so much!

I got it fixed now Smile
No problem at all, glad it's all fixed!