MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Load?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what means and couldnt find a good answer from searching but right now its going crazy it seems from 5.0 to 17.9

SO if someone could explain the numbers thatd be great
Server load is the load on the CPU of your server.
(2011-12-21, 09:30 PM)Weboutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Server load is the load on the CPU of your server.

Not quite. Its a lot more detailed than that. The "ideal" server load is 1 multiplied by the number of cpu cores in your system, or less.

www.andymillar.co.uk/blog/2006/12/24/linux-load-average-explained/
(2011-12-21, 10:06 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-21, 09:30 PM)Weboutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Server load is the load on the CPU of your server.

Not quite. Its a lot more detailed than that. The "ideal" server load is 1 multiplied by the number of cpu cores in your system, or less.

www.andymillar.co.uk/blog/2006/12/24/linux-load-average-explained/

Dodgy

I see, my host told me the opposite the last time I asked them for a definition. According to my last host, which had operators which seemingly did not know what they we're doing. I say this because one day my server load was literally going insane. I normally had about a 0.58 to 1 server load. You know, the usual. Randomly it would jump to more then seventy. After I yelled at my host over the phone telling them how rediculous it was that it was this high. They denied that it was bad over and over again. According to them the server had sixteen CPU's and that a server load of seventy was totally normal because the 78 server load divided by 16 (amount of CPU's) was 4.875. I am no longer with that host.
Yeah, almost 5 per core is terrible.