MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing some 1.6.5 Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,
I seem to have just noticed that I am missing a few features in my board.
1. The "is not blank" thing does not show when creating a view through Tomm's guide.
2. The settings related to Signature Control are not showing at all.
3. I can't seem to find the PM Override setting in the group settings either.
4. I DO have the show birthday with x posts setting, but not the Can be shown in the birthday list option.

However, I have had no DB errors, so I think everything was upgraded correctly.
I do have the honeypot field and the core reCaptcha, but some things are missing or incomplete for me.

I upgraded through Softaculous, so I am wondering whether it missed a file. If it missed a file or something, then which ones do I need to replace, or what do I need to do to gain these antispam features.

Thanks in advance!
A lot of people have had trouble upgrading via Softaculous. I recommend downloading MyBB 1.6.5 (The changed files package at least) and upload the files. Using third party software to upgrade isn't a good idea as it can come with unexpected side affects.

As long as the upgrade script ran successfully that's all that's needed. Smile
Okay. Now I suppose I need to ask my dumb question of the day (only reason I use Softaculous):

If I uploaded a whole new copy of MyBB, wouldn't it knock out all of my plugins, or does FTP sort of "merge" the changes? I just have ScrewingSomethingUpophobia.
It'll overwrite the old files, and add the new ones. No plugins/themes/extra files will be touched. Smile
What about custom changes to things like templates? Are those in the DB. I still haven't been good about using the Patches plugin.

Thanks for the quick responses!
Templates are stored in the database, yes.

Unless you've made edits to core files everything should upgrade fine. Smile
Thanks for those answers Nathan. I suppose now I need to break my install out of Softaculous.

Smile
Thanks again Nathan. I now see everything - and my board didn't explode in the process (I am prone to upgrade/file change screwups)!
Hi,

Sir MyBB is being used by a lot of people via Softaculous and we haven't received any complaint regarding any such errors.
You may open a support ticket with us we will check the issue and get it resolved for you.
http://www.softaculous.net/support
(2011-12-22, 07:48 AM)softaculous Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Sir MyBB is being used by a lot of people via Softaculous and we haven't received any complaint regarding any such errors.
You may open a support ticket with us we will check the issue and get it resolved for you.

You sign up just to post this, Wow.
(2011-12-22, 07:48 AM)softaculous Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Now that's service. Softaculous updates have worked fine for me, and with Wordpress too.

Pages: 1 2