MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Doesn't this annoy you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sometimes when somebody makes a MyBB forum they post it here, in the Website Showcase section, and then find other forums through community.mybb to spam their thread on. First of all, that isn't advertising, it's spamming. I'm also annoyed by how these people disrespect the rules they are breaking on other forums just so they spam their forum - at this point you know they're not in forum webmastering for the right reasons. The most recent case is forumkorner.
Yeah! I had seen few cases like "Nice forum, good luck. And now can you check out mine at http://community.mybb.com/.....". That's really annoying.

PS:-
Does the Forumkorner guy did like that? I haven't seen any of his posts in other showcase topics.
(2011-12-22, 04:51 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]how these people disrespect the rules they are breaking

People do not bother to read them.
(2011-12-22, 05:53 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-22, 04:51 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]how these people disrespect the rules they are breaking

People do not bother to read them.

With all do respect, it's your job to make sure people follow them. If they don't read them then you have to make sure they do read them before posting. Or offer a post count requirement before posting.
(2011-12-22, 06:01 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]it's your job to make sure people follow them. If they don't read them then you have to make sure they do read them before posting. Or offer a post count requirement before posting.

Its not my job basically. Neither I could PM each new registrant to follow the rules. Threads are stuck-ed at the top of each forum. They're not magically hidden either.

IMO that's not the issue of mybb neither its a issue with their staff. People are just lazy to read before posting any thing.
You are soo wrong. If someone has website showcase on there website, and I join the site to post a showcase thread, and I actually post it as a person in the proper section, its not spamming. Spamming would be using a bot or making numerous different posts in one website spamming my site around. All I did was respectively took the time to post a quality thread, in the proper sections. Big deal if I posted the same thread on a few sites. Its a nice thread. There is no reason for me to make a new, and different thread for each site. Just because I am advertising my website doesn't mean you can go and act like you know me. Don't judge me, because you don't know me or anything about about me. Also the reason I am a webmaster is non of your concern. You are clearly mad at me for no reason or just jealous. So lay off me please.
You have to advertise your website right? That's probably one of the best (albeit slightly annoying) way to gain awareness..
(2011-12-22, 09:22 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]You are soo wrong. If someone has website showcase on there website, and I join the site to post a showcase thread, and I actually post it as a person in the proper section, its not spamming. Spamming would be using a bot or making numerous different posts in one website spamming my site around. All I did was respectively took the time to post a quality thread, in the proper sections. Big deal if I posted the same thread on a few sites. Its a nice thread. There is no reason for me to make a new, and different thread for each site. Just because I am advertising my website doesn't mean you can go and act like you know me. Don't judge me, because you don't know me or anything about about me. Also the reason I am a webmaster is non of your concern. You are clearly mad at me for no reason or just jealous. So lay off me please.

If Mebes is complaining, probably you would have showcased your site in his site. I don't think he has a section in his site for showcases, and moreover most of the (or almost all) forums showcased in MyBB community would not allow your site, as you have illegal stuff in your Forum.
If a site allows illegal sites to be showcased, then it would probably have illegal content too, and it won't be present in MyBB showcase forum.
So, Mebes's words does makes sense.
(2011-12-22, 11:08 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-22, 09:22 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]You are soo wrong. If someone has website showcase on there website, and I join the site to post a showcase thread, and I actually post it as a person in the proper section, its not spamming. Spamming would be using a bot or making numerous different posts in one website spamming my site around. All I did was respectively took the time to post a quality thread, in the proper sections. Big deal if I posted the same thread on a few sites. Its a nice thread. There is no reason for me to make a new, and different thread for each site. Just because I am advertising my website doesn't mean you can go and act like you know me. Don't judge me, because you don't know me or anything about about me. Also the reason I am a webmaster is non of your concern. You are clearly mad at me for no reason or just jealous. So lay off me please.

If Mebes is complaining, probably you would have showcased your site in his site. I don't think he has a section in his site for showcases, and moreover most of the (or almost all) forums showcased in MyBB community would not allow your site, as you have illegal stuff in your Forum.
If a site allows illegal sites to be showcased, then it would probably have illegal content too, and it won't be present in MyBB showcase forum.
So, Mebes's words does makes sense.

1. I have never visited his site up until literally 30 seconds ago for my first time.

2. Illegal stuff on my site, Please link me so I can remove it because nothing illegal is allowed on my site.

3. I have not posted my thread once in a non showcase section of a website.
All i have to do now is make you guys chill out. So who wanna have a party with me Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3