MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Diffrenet CMSs with integrated users ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Programmers!

I'm wondering how is it possible to merge users table of different databases?!
Ex: When you sign in to your gmail, you can use other services of google by that your just account.
=> I have a website based on Joomla and two forums, one of them is based on MyBB1.6.5 and the other one uses phpBBS(multiforum). My users should separately register to each system and is hard. they should login/logout to each system one by one!
I'm asking about a way to merge my users in one cloud! it means when user X registers from my Joomla system, he/she can use the other system by that account and the cookies will works well for all CMSs.
How can I do that?
You build a custom system yourself. Because it would be easier than bridging all those different systems.
(2011-12-22, 07:10 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You build a custom system yourself.
UndecidedHuh
I'm not a programmer!

And how about the same systems? Ex: bridging different mybb systems on one host?
How about bridging databases of a multiform system?

That's what I'm saying even if you aren't a programmer it would still be easier than creating a bridge for everything and updating.

Basically what you're asking for is probably never going to happen in less you pay someone a lot of money.
Thanks Alex,
(2011-12-22, 04:22 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what you're asking for is probably never going to happen in less you pay someone a lot of money.
Oh, My God!!!
I'm just a blugger!

Indeed, before, nobody wouldn't be keen on such integrated system?
So, Goggle, AOL, Yahoo and many other famous corporations are using this model, so why not any same open-source/free-software model?
Students in university! never have not been willing to work on it as a course project? No geeks before? ...?
It's really chill!

HBB Wrote:I'm wondering how is it possible to merge users table of different databases?! I have a website based on Joomla and two forums, one of them is based on MyBB1.6.5 and the other one uses
I found! www.Jfusion.org can bridge Joomla & MyBB.
Now I'm asking for merging MyBB With MyBB! It should not be more difficult than Merging Joomla with MyBB? have you ever such experience?
And I want to merge MyBB with SMF too?!