MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable users from posting a bio and website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
now that mybb has a default option to disable signatures until a user hits X posts, it seems the human spammers are filling in the bio section and the webpage link section in their profile with what they used to put in the signature area, to spam stuff. is it possible to disable those sections until X posts are made like what was done with the signatures?
It deny the specific usergroup from adding his website: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=1
However if you wish I'll upgrade it to deny adding the bio aswell.

Edit: Alternatively, you may use this to deny the "access" of specific usergroups to User Control Panel until X days passed from their registration date. They'll not have access so they'll not add bio and website link Wink
(2011-12-22, 08:50 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]It deny the specific usergroup from adding his website: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=1

Edit: Alternatively, you may use this to deny the "access" of specific usergroups to User Control Panel until X days passed from their registration date. They'll not have access so they'll not add bio and website link Wink

Won't denying access to control panel deny them the rights to edit their settings/emails/passwords etc.?
(2011-12-22, 08:50 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]It deny the specific usergroup from adding his website: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=1

if you could include the bio, that would be great!
OK, I'll update the plugin tonight.
(2011-12-23, 02:23 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I'll update the plugin tonight.

did you happen to get a chance to update your other plugin?
Hi Shemo, I've bookmarked this thread and will do this tonight. Sorry for being late but there were some issues in power cables these days.
(2011-12-25, 05:20 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shemo, I've bookmarked this thread and will do this tonight. Sorry for being late but there were some issues in power cables these days.

no problem, thanks for taking the time to update your plugin to include a few things.
About the User CP ability, you could achieve this immediately by doing a few minor edits:

Go to your ACP, modify the Registered group to deny it's access to User CP. So at this point, all your members will be locked out from the cp.

You can also rename this group, cause it's going to be the default one for new users when they register on the board.

Now, all you have to do left is: create a new group for valid members, add a group promotion task to move all your valid members from the original Registered to the new group and run it on the task manager.

Now, after running the task, the original Registered group will only contain the ones left behind that did not comply with your promotion criteria.

If you decide to keep the configuration, which I think you will, you should create a promotion that runs periodically moving the newly registered users to your new valid users' group.

This way you won't need the plugin Toungue And you can make further restrictions through the group management options.
(2012-01-01, 12:00 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]About the User CP ability, you could achieve this immediately by doing a few minor edits:

Go to your ACP, modify the Registered group to deny it's access to User CP. So at this point, all your members will be locked out from the cp.

You can also rename this group, cause it's going to be the default one for new users when they register on the board.

Now, all you have to do left is: create a new group for valid members, add a group promotion task to move all your valid members from the original Registered to the new group and run it on the task manager.

Now, after running the task, the original Registered group will only contain the ones left behind that did not comply with your promotion criteria.

If you decide to keep the configuration, which I think you will, you should create a promotion that runs periodically moving the newly registered users to your new valid users' group.

This way you won't need the plugin Toungue And you can make further restrictions through the group management options.

that is actually probably a better idea than relying on several plugins to do certain things. I'll definitely look into this!
Pages: 1 2