MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why all the errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I keep on getting the following errors after i have done a server change:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/promotionshed/promotionshed.com/index.php:1) - Line: 1680 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)

I'm getting quite a few of these and can be viewed if you visit my forum at www.promotionshed.com .

When i login as admin and goto ACP>Tools & maintenance>File verification i keep getting these two files that have changed:

index.php
showthread.php
The above files show in red and status says changed.

Now when i get these error messages, if i upload these files again the errors will go, but then the next day the come back and im not sure why.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks
Steve
I've re-uploaded the two files and its back to normal, but tomorrow i will be in the same situation.

Please help
may be there is a malicious script on your site which is affecting those files ..
someone experienced should check it with required temporary privileges for a couple
of days .. AND wait if someone from support team comes forward to volunteer ..
Hi

Im kinda good with these things, i was wondering if it could be a file permissions thing? all my files are set to 644 do these need changing?

As for anything malicious i doubt it as i have add these addons on for months with not a problem at all.

Now the reason im saying its a file permission error is because i have other forums and i have the exact same errors on them as well, which leads me to beleive that its a permissions error as all my forums i moved onto a new server.

Thanks
Steve
No help?

Wow i thought this was an active forum? seems a little slow at the moment.

Thanks
Steve
sorry, I was away ; yes, this is an active forum - but time zones differ ; browsing activities vary ..

anyway, from above post I understand that above referred files are changing without modifying .
you have to find out how files are changing without your intervention .. file verification tool only
checks if myBB's default files are changed . we do not know which other files also exist on server ..

you may like to take support from your web host in checking files for any malicious program ..
Hi

There is only 3 forums on this server, its a dedicated server so i know what is on it. Im not sure why this is happening and have tried everything.

someone please help

Steve
just because it is a dedi server does not mean you have not been compromised still worth checking meticulously to see if there is anything odd or check your access logs for suspicious activity?
(2011-12-22, 02:53 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]No help?

Wow i thought this was an active forum? seems a little slow at the moment.

Thanks
Steve

You couldn't wait more than two hours?? Really?? Are you aware it's Christmas soon and people might just be doing other things?? Not that 2 hours is a long wait at all anyway considering the fact we're all unpaid volunteers who come here in our free time. If you think 2 hours is slow, please, feel free to spend many hundreds of hours giving support here like myself and many others have done and then see how you feel when someone says a wait of under two hours is slow.

As has been said, the fact it's a dedicated server doesn't mean you know of everything that's on it or know you haven't been hacked in some way. Have you checked every file to make sure you know why it's there, checked configurations of Apache etc, checked all file permissions to see if anything is set to 666 or 777 that shouldn't be, checked file ownerships etc?? Is it the same errors in the exact same files in all the forums?? Are they edited at a certain time each time this happens or a random time?? A file having the wrong permissions isn't in itself going to mean it spontaneously edits itself, there will be something somewhere that's actually editing it.
MattRogowski

2 hours a long wait? i posted 2 hours after my last post, but the post i made was just to bump the thread a little but and not that i had waited 2 hours. I am well aware of how support on the forums work and don't expect help straight away, but was expecting a few more suggestion or help from my first original thread.

As for the dedicated server, this is a new server 1 day old. I have put these forums on and yes they all have the same errors, though may i add that before i moved them over to the dedicated server they was on a vps and running fine.

Thanks for your help anyway in turning this thread into a trash one

Steve
(2011-12-23, 02:33 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]MattRogowski

2 hours a long wait? i posted 2 hours after my last post, but the post i made was just to bump the thread a little but and not that i had waited 2 hours. I am well aware of how support on the forums work and don't expect help straight away, but was expecting a few more suggestion or help from my first original thread.

As for the dedicated server, this is a new server 1 day old. I have put these forums on and yes they all have the same errors, though may i add that before i moved them over to the dedicated server they was on a vps and running fine.

Thanks for your help anyway in turning this thread into a trash one

Steve

Patience is virtue !
You still couldn't wait more than 2 hours before trying to bump it, clearly saying 'no help?' as if you were expecting an answer quicker than you got one, and not giving people more of a chance to answer before trying to bump, that's the point. Saying 'No help? Wow i thought this was an active forum, seems a little slow' is not the same as asking if anyone else had any more ideas. I'm not trying to be difficult but people being impatient and 'expecting' more suggestions (your words not mine) after such a short time period undermines all the hard work so many people put in here.

Anyway, now what you're saying doesn't tally up. First you said 'if i upload these files again the errors will go, but then the next day the come back' and 'I've re-uploaded the two files and its back to normal, but tomorrow i will be in the same situation'. You then go on to say that originally they were on a VPS and they were fine there, and that the dedicated server is only 1 day old. So if it's only a day old how can this problem have happened previously, as from what you've said it seems to happen on a daily basis?? If it's only been on this server for one day, how many times has this problem actually happened??
Pages: 1 2