MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rep plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya is it possible to give a user a high amount of reputation? For example if they won a competition they could win 50 rep?

Cheers,

~ David
Yes, it is possible. You don't need a plugin though, you can simply run this SQL query:

INSERT INTO `mybb_reputation` VALUES (NULL, 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f');

Replace a with the uid of the user who is receiving the reputation, b with the uid of the user who is giving it, c with the pid of the post you want to give the reputation for (use 0 if it's just a normal reputation), d with the amount of points, e with a UNIX timestamp of when the reputation was added and f with your reputation comment.

For example, if I were to give you (uid 55924) 50 reputation points (not related to a post) from myself (uid 16693) on Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:39:02 GMT (dateline 1324568342) with the comment "Congratulations!", I would run this query:

INSERT INTO `mybb_reputation` VALUES (NULL, '55924', '16693', '0', '50', '1324568342', 'Congratulations!');

EDIT: Fabio posted at the same time as me. I think that solution is better. I forgot all about the mybb_reputation table. Wink

Through the database is the only way I can think of right off the top of my head.

You would go into phpMyAdmin, into your forum's database, and then into the mybb_users table (where mybb_ represents YOUR table prefix). Find the user, and find the reputation column. You can then edit the value on that line.
Oh thanks guys! Very useful + Rep

~ David
<snipped>
Edit: Late reply Sad