MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit stuck on "Loading..." screen. Fixes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey MyBB Heart
Nice to see this forum again, haven't been here in awhile.
Merry Christmas to you all Smile
On my forum, I seem to be getting a little performance error, from which I assume is probably somewhere in my JavaScript files.
When I click Quick Edit it opens the loading screen, and just stays there.
Nothing happens at all.
Is this a JavaScript error? Should I download a clean copy of myBB and paste the JavaScript files? (Sorry just trying to find fixes Toungue).
I realize Christmas is coming up as well, so take your time. I don't mind waiting a few days if necessary.

Here is a bit of info you might need:
Test Account Given to MattR
=======================
Currently Installed Plugins:
AJAX Private Message Notification
Akismet
Character Count
Default Avatar
Google SEO
Usergroup Legend by DoubleOrange 13 - v2.0
My Meta Tags
nCode Image Resizer
Necropost Notice
NewPoints
Online Today (Show the users that have been online today)
PHP and Template Conditionals
PostCounter
Profile Comments
reCAPTCHA Plugin
RSS Feed Poster
Spoiler BBCode
Thank You/Like System
Forum Userbar Plugin
Username Style
==================
Yes I did edit a template with the PHP and Template Conditionals plugin, so if that was valuable information, then I am just shooting that out there.

Thank you all so much for your hard work!
I hope you have a great Christmas Angel

Merry Christmas,
Jake

P.S - It appears to be happening here to! I did click though and it shot to the Quick Edit. I'm using Firefox 8. (Just updated to 9.01 - Error still occurs)
have you tried quick edit with a different browser ? (eg. chrome / IE) & forum URL please ..
I just tried in Chrome, and I don't use IE anymore. Error still occured :\
Also, how could I forget the forum url xD

http://www.stellarrecharge.com/forum/

Sorry 'bout that, haha Big Grin
^ a plugin appears to be the cause for the issue . if you are using myBB 1.6.5 then disable all plugins
and check quick editing. if it is earlier version of myBB then you may define no_plugins in init.php to check ..

I guess it is a conflict from Character Count / PostCounter / Necropost Notice ...

I disabled all plugins and the error still occursSad
Any chance you could PM me admin login details so I can see the board when it's closed?? Either that or can you reopen the board and give us a normal test account?? Few things I can try but need to be able to edit a post to try them.
Pming you Matt. Thank you Smile
If it happens here that may be a different cause, you have a javascript error on your forum which is causing the spinner to stay.

If you haven't already can you upload the ./scripts/ folder from a fresh download?? It's a weird error and can't quite see how it's happening but that would be a start.
Thank you Matt! Works perfectly now.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Smile
Have a Merry Christmas Smile
-Jake
Now i know this is quiet an old topic, this problem is happening to my site, i tried to upload new javascript, but it didn't work. Any tips?
Pages: 1 2