MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment not uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MY FORUM

Hello,

a member has told me that he can not get attachment uploaded.He posted this:

Quote:" The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server. "

This has been a problem for over a week now.

Then I got the forum upgraded yesterday to 1.6.5 and the themes and plug ins fixed up.

Still the attachments will not load anyway.

I have checked the permissions and other attachment information.They are set to work.

I did File verification.Comes back with NO errors.

Optimized the forum with success.

What am I missing?
what is he trying to upload is it an allowed attachment type?
It is an allowed attachment type.He has used it a few times before without problem.

(2011-12-23, 04:51 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]what is he trying to upload is it an allowed attachment type?

Bumped.

Bumped,

can anyone help?
Make sure your uploads folders are CHMOD 777
I upgraded his site and have been checking on this issue for him too.

It seems to be an issue with .pptx and .ppt and .pdf file types.
I checked his attachments settings and they are all correct, including the sizes set for these file types.

CHMOD settings are good.

These were not a problem prior to upgrading to 1.6.5

Edit to add:

I just tested a Jpeg image.... it too won't load. I'm going to safely assume no images or file types will load now and we have a problem.

screen shot of the file types settings:

[attachment=25174]
I also want to add that I turned off all plugins and tested and the same results happen.
I wonder if this is related to the forum crash of November 15?

I started a thread about it here.

LINK

I did what was suggested and the forum came back online.But maybe a few files are missing because of the crash?
(2011-12-29, 01:59 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested a Jpeg image.... it too won't load. I'm going to safely assume no images or file types will load now and we have a problem.

Do any file types work?

Dennis, nothing on that list will upload. Same error as stated above.

Users on the board say this started after the crash. I checked the database for repair issues needing to be done and nothing came up crashed. I optimized and all that good stuff anyway. Still no joy.

The owner of the site said that he posted a thread about the crash here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-108721.html

But looking at that it seems that only the sessions table crashed and not all the tables. This shouldn't effect uploads though.

I am at a loss. This is beyond my scope of knowledge to go any farther on my own. I can do testing of specific things you guys instruct but to sleuth it out on my own, I cannot.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
OK GREAT NEWS!

Well, not so great for the site owner. I uploaded his pre-1.6.5 forum onto my own server and tried to upload images. No joy.

I think this is a server issue he needs to discuss with his hosting company.
I have e-mailed the server host about it.

I will let you know how it comes out.

Pages: 1 2