MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tablet for PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I want the opinion of graphic designers, please!

I want to buy tablet for PC to start making mascot designs.

Any good ones?

Thanks in advance!
Price range? If you want to spent 500 bucks, there are some great Wacoms I had the pleasure of playing with.
Can you please show me some?
(2011-12-24, 02:21 AM)WbDev Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please show me some?
https://www.google.com/search?q=wacom+ta...60&bih=615
I've been looking to get a tablet to play around with as well and I've been looking at the Wacom Bamboo series. They're not as great as the ones in the previous link as the Bamboo are more geared toward consumer. However, they are a lot more affordable. Wonder if anyone has a Bamboo and can share their experiences with it (not meaning to hijack this thread).
Wacom are easily the best tablet producers. I know several people with Bamboos and they absolutely love them. I've never heard a word said against Wacom actually.
I have a "Bamboo Fun" that's pretty nice. It's a little small, but at the time it was for my laptop so that's not much of a problem. I specifically chose that one because it had an aspect ratio very similar to my laptop's screen so I wouldn't get much distortion. You can map the 1 & 2 buttons to do whatever you want (like launch iTunes or Photoshop). The pen it comes with is also pressure sensitive (on both ends) so you still get to do those fancy tricks in PS that rely on it.

The only problem I have is that it takes some time getting used to drawing on one thing but looking at another. I'm not much of an artist, so I never got the experience needed to pull that off well.
I have never had a bamboo because they were always to small for my price range, but I've heard they have a great dpi Smile

I've always used Trust tablets (3 of tem) and they were all great, and slightly larger than A4. However I've never needed them for precise stuff Smile