MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I install a plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to MyBB and I'm wondering how to install a plugin.

Thanks!!!
in general, plugin related files are provided as zip / rar archives . extract the contents in a folder
on your computer . if there is a readme text file then read it - it gives installation instructions ..

there might be a upload sub-folder ; the contents of that upload folder needs to be uploaded to
the server which has your myBB installation ; follow the same structure used in the upload folder.

basically, plugin's main php file has to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins folder of myBB server ; AND
there can be related files to be uploaded to languages folder , admin folder , root folder .. etc.

after uploading all the files related to the plugin, proceed to plugins page on admin panel , activate ..
(2011-12-24, 12:46 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]in general, plugin related files are provided as zip / rar archives . extract the contents in a folder
on your computer . if there is a readme text file then read it - it gives installation instructions ..

there might be a upload sub-folder ; the contents of that upload folder needs to be uploaded to
the server which has your myBB installation ; follow the same structure used in the upload folder.

basically, plugin's main php file has to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins folder of myBB server ; AND
there can be related files to be uploaded to languages folder , admin folder , root folder .. etc.

after uploading all the files related to the plugin, proceed to plugins page on admin panel , activate ..

Well, you probably shouldn't use me as an example, but the only README I have ever read is Google SEO and my first plugin install...
Just upload all the files in the upload folder, in to respective folder in your root.
Generally, if you have FileZilla, and have unzipped its files, then you can enable directory synchronization, and just click through the folders in the plugin's download, and upload).
(2011-12-24, 06:49 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, if you have FileZilla, and have unzipped its files, then you can enable directory synchronization, and just click through the folders in the plugin's download, and upload).

what if you dont have filezilla and you just have a normal host?
FileZilla is an FTP client that you use to send and download files to and from a server, respectively.

Who is your host?
(2011-12-24, 08:03 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]FileZilla is an FTP client that you use to send and download files to and from a server, respectively.

Who is your host?

MyBBWebhost
Okay. You know how to get into cPanel right?

You need to go into FTP accounts, and create one.

Then you can download FileZilla at FileZilla-project.org , and enter in those credentials into FileZilla, and then you can upload files without going into your file manager (how I assume you are doing it now). FileZilla is not a host, and it is host independent, it is just an excellent tool for uploading and downloading files to your server.

In FileZilla, the host field is usually ftp.yourdomain.com , user is generally [email protected] (where user is what you typed into cPanel), and your password, well, it is your password,