MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBCode to display reader's username?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a BBCode that I can use to display the user's username who is reading it?

Thanks.
appears that it requires core files modification . see this . might still work with recent versions of myBB ..
Just integrate the {$mybb->user['username']} variable somewhere in the template... Wink
^ well, an expert might be able to make a simple plugin for the required purpose - not sure if such
plugin already exists . OR may be one can make use of advanced mycode permissions plugin for it
Hmm - unfortunately it does not seem to yield any results Sad
If you are looking for a way to simply show each individual user that he is reading the thread, you simply have to insert "{$mybb->user['username']} is reading this thread." in the "showthread" template.

If you want a list of all users who read a thread with the time and date of the reading, you will need a plugin to accomplish this, like this one available to our subscribers :
http://www.mybbcodes.com/showthread.php?tid=578
I'm looking for something I can use as such:

Quote:Dear {username},

Merry Christmas.

(but it will be a long announcement, not a PM)
^ yes, it is working fine on a test board (myBB 1.6.5) . Thanks Smile
It's also work on a test board (MyBB v1.8.5) Smile

(2011-12-24, 01:25 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Just integrate the {$mybb->user['username']} variable somewhere in the template... Wink

So you mean after adding that code, I can use [username] in threads?