MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Outdated language pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am very excited for installing my first mybb forumBig Grin, but I have a question.

If I install an outdated language pack, for example a translation for 1.4 version and I use the latest version of mybb 1.6.5, will there be any issues? Mainly, issues with security. Or everything will be ok and the translated versions are only to mach with the layout and new features of the new mybb version?
there can be some issues ; which language pack you are interested in ?
Greek, the most updated translation i found was this http://community.mybb.com/thread-51001.html
Generally, outdated language packs are not usable. They don't break things specifically, you just won't be seeing any of the new features because there's no text to display. The features are all there, but they're not visible. Other than that, there are no issues.

Also, mybb.gr seems to be working on a translation for 1.6, you might want to take a look. I think it's somewhat finished, but I couldn't quite get it as I don't understand Greek.
Ok, thank you very much.