MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using CSS conditions for each version of IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If we code a whole global.css for every version of IE, and use it with CSS conditional statements then does it slows down the page speed ?
suggestion : basically take care of the header and menus for IE ; do not focus much on IE versions !!
(2011-12-25, 04:43 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]suggestion : basically take care of the header and menus for IE ; do not focus much on IE versions !!

Actually I've coded a theme, and it's looking mess in IE, and hover is not working in IE 6 properly. So I thought to use Different CSS for every version of IE. Because images are also not rendering in IE

need not worry much about IE6 ; you may have to take care of IE8 and latest versions !!
( this might help )
Yes, it will slow down your website (for IE users). Instead, look at the techniques used in http://html5boilerplate.com/
IE6 will (possibly) be dead soon. Microsoft (so I have read), is planning on an automatic update in earlier 2012 that would bring XP users to IE8 and Vista/7 users to IE9...

I would not worry a ton about IE6. By that, I mean, don't stress yourself out or work overly hard to make it meet old browsers.

If you are so inclined, you can also recommend upgrading IE to your users, or recommend that they switch to something like Chrome (currently the best with standards and security).
Will be glad if Microsoft would bring IE to completely dead, A peace of mind for every one.

Thanks, I'll test now only on IE 8, and IE 9 supports CS 3 too?
IE9 should be your target, due to Win7 having majority share according to w3counter.com
I believe IE9 supports CSS3 just fine, but the difference between CSS2 and 3 seems small - but that is me and my somewhat limited experience and knowledge about the history of CSS.

IE8, well, I don't know. Definitely support it and IE7, but don't go overboard on CSS3. Remember: simple is better in most cases.

Autoupdate source: http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/20...of-ie6.ars
ok thanks guys