MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting.php cookiedomain changes on its own... help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Occasionally, and not everytime, when I log out of my domain, I cannot log back in...

It also has occured WITHOUT logging out.

inc/settings.php will change this line:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".mydomain.com";

to
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".mydomain";

How can I prevent this?

**edit**
Perhaps this was the result of editing the settings.php file via ftp and not through admin cpanel? I noticed the settings file said not to edit directly. I set the cookie domain manually again via admin cpanel, I am waiting to see if it changes on its own again.
if you are unable to login to ACP then first edit settings.php AND immediately after login to admin panel
change the cookie settings at general configuration AND save the settings. it is required (as you did) ..
If you just edit the ./inc/settings.php file you're basically doing nothing. The file will eventually get overwritten with the values that are in the database. That's why you shouldn't edit the file directly. But whenever you do, you have to confirm those changes by editing the Admin CP too. That way, the database has the same values and everything will be in sync.