MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: loginkey and import from phorum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installing mybb_1605 was quick and easy. Modifying themes seems fine too. Now I want to migrate a 15,000 post phorum forum into mybb.

Writing the requisite insert script (perhaps with perl) looks largely straightforward. But I'm not sure what the story is with:

mybb_users.loginkey

This looks like an md5hash of some sort. What is it?
What gets combined to make this hash?
Do I need to worry about it?
.......ah. I might be able to figure this out by looking at an existing merge script. I'll do my best. It would still help to know what the loginkey is.

Merry Christmas to all. Happy Hollidaze. Happy Hollandaise too.
" ... This looks like an md5hash of some sort " <-- yes, it is md5hash + salt
a loginconvert plugin is available with merge system - tracing its code might help
(2011-12-25, 08:13 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]" ... This looks like an md5hash of some sort " <-- yes, it is md5hash + salt
a loginconvert plugin is available with merge system - tracing its code might help

Thanks. That helps.

(Converting phorum to mybb)
Phorum and mybb (unlike phpbb) support hierarchical message threading and I want to import that way. From the existing merge modules are there any that import from a threaded system? ...that would serve as a best choice starting-point-model to work with?

I did a mybb converter for "my little forum" once which is also threaded. But its written in rather crude Python and thus not generally useful. Keeping the post relations should be a simple matter though. Just set the replyto field to the parent post id.

You should be aware though that MyBB's threaded view is rather lacking (hardly usable). Also in the default view the result will be a bit of a jumble as it's sorted strictly by date only.