MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anything Else I Should Do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this is my last thread for a little bit. I have done most of the stuff everyone has told me to do. I have done Xstrikes Tutorial. I uploaded it to some 2500 sites for free via some link from here. I am google seo working and am understanding that. I am going to continue to get content and pursue visitors and my feature members.

Is there anything else I am missing? Any major flaws you guys see? Most of you know I am been asking A LOT of questions and I have taken all your advice and have done everything you said I should. So I just want to ask one last time how can I improve my site?

www.worldofsharkfishing.com

Thanks again for all your help! Should be my last thread unless I run into some more issues! Smile
I'd recommend installing the custom pages mod and writing some articles about shark fishing... all your missing in my opinion is content.
Nothing in specific, but I highly recommend reading Google's SEO Starter Guide.
OK awesome thanks for responding right away! I will check out that plugin ( what does it do though? haha )

Fabio I will read through that again... Can you hint at something I should maybe look at closely? lol ;P
You should update your theme templates. Some of them will break your forum functionality such as the mark read feature.

Nathan thank your for your comment. What exactly do you mean by that? How do I get rid of that mark read feature? Why would this break the theme functionality
You don't get rid of the mark read feature. I'm not saying it will break the theme, I'm saying the theme will break the forum.

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates
So I do a diff report and add the updated (teal highlight ) to current template?
Precisely. You should check for new template updates after each upgrade, or you'll end up with many features that simply won't work.
ok cool! Thanks for that advice!
I just uploaded the "update" and it sorta messed it up... lol so I need to now reupload the original so it fixes it back :/