MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Plugin System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I know this is a little bit early for such discussions, but can you keep us updated on the MyBB 2.0 Plugin System??

I want to start developing some plugins for 2.0, I know you're going to use Yii Framework, so basically the plugins should be written in "Yii way" ?? (if that makes sense)

I mean as a possible future plugin developer Big Grin, should I start learning how to write a correct Yii code?

Thanks Wink
When 2.0 gets closer to completion, there will be beta releases for plugin developers to use to begin developing.
I agree a bit, I was also seeking to ask for a test plugin for 2.0 so I could see and study the code.
I'm sure there will be an example plugin.

But, you guys have to remember very little (if any) code has actually been written yet.
This might be my debut into MyBB plugins, if I study Yii enough.
As crazy4cs pointed out, a sample plugin would be absolutely awesome. I know I learn programming languages (and frameworks) very well by reading and comprehending an example.
IMO, the best thing you can do is download Yii and start playing it. At the very least, you'll start to get used to the MVC way of writing code.
I'm not sure how you'd expect to be able to write plugins for a system that isn't built yet. Just learn Yii, forget about writing plugins until 2.0 is actually written.
(2011-12-28, 08:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how you'd expect to be able to write plugins for a system that isn't built yet. Just learn Yii, forget about writing plugins until 2.0 is actually written.

LOL that was an answer to my question, I said I'm a "possible FUTURE plugin dev." Wink