MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help removing something help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone this is my site

IntenseCreation

that was my forum.
I have one question how can i change the name i like the intenseCreation part but i dislike the x10 or the .bz and it bugs me on how big the url is. Is there anyway i can make it smaller maybe at least take of bz or x10. IDC which one just one has to go and also i dont want to void mybb because i love them lol so yea.

My second question how do i remove advance setting from the bottom right hand corner i heard it was called debug something idk but how do i remove it.
(2011-12-27, 01:54 AM)IntenseCreation Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone this is my site

IntenseCreation

that was my forum.
I have one question how can i change the name i like the intenseCreation part but i dislike the x10 or the .bz and it bugs me on how big the url is. Is there anyway i can make it smaller maybe at least take of bz or x10. IDC which one just one has to go and also i dont want to void mybb because i love them lol so yea.
You'd need to buy your own domain name from a registrar, then ask your web host if they can use it for your site.

For example: www.namecheap.com

(Actually in practical terms, you might want to ask your webhost first if they support custom domains first, and then shell out the money for the domain)

Edit: seeing as you're on a free host, it seems this is quite unlikely, but the only way to have a different URL is by the host you use, so either way you'd have to contact your host. MyBB here can't change your domain name for you.

Quote:My second question how do i remove advance setting from the bottom right hand corner i heard it was called debug something idk but how do i remove it.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-91870.html
(2011-12-27, 02:00 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]

IntenseCreation

that was my forum.
You'd need to buy your own domain name from a registrar, then ask your web host if they can use it for your site.

(Actually in practical terms, you might want to ask your webhost first if they support custom domains first, and then shell out the money for the domain)

Edit: seeing as you're on a free host, it seems this is quite unlikely, but the only way to have a different URL is by the host you use, so either way you'd have to contact your host. MyBB here can't change your domain name for you.

Quote:My second question how do i remove advance setting from the bottom right hand corner i heard it was called debug something idk but how do i remove it.

thank you very much and yes i will look into the domain and my web host is i believe x10hosting.com

(2011-12-27, 02:00 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]

IntenseCreation

that was my forum.

axtually i have another question i forgot to put, do u know were i can disable the activasion link. I want it so that my registered members dont need to have and activated email for them to become official members. Also do u know any chatbox recommended here someting like the vbulletins and stuff
The activation link can be disabled in Admin CP --> Configuration --> Settings - search for "Registration Method" and change it to Instant Activation.

I don't have any chatbox recommendations but you can look at http://mods.mybb.com for them.
(2011-12-27, 02:35 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]The activation link can be disabled in Admin CP --> Configuration --> Settings - search for "Registration Method" and change it to Instant Activation.

I don't have any chatbox recommendations but you can look at http://mods.mybb.com for them.

ok thanks also last question i promise. i downloaded a daily mp3 for my forum. Now it shows days 1 and it shows this
sounds/sound1.mp3

idk what that means or anything and for it to work do i need to go into ftp and look for sounds because i did and never found them or do i have to manually create one.
Sorry but I don't know either. It doesn't sound like something that comes with MyBB.
(2011-12-27, 02:48 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but I don't know either. It doesn't sound like something that comes with MyBB.

ohhh is there any media player for mybb