MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major Problem During Updating v1.2 to v1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created my forum in 2007 and now its too big. So during integer conversion of table, after sometimes its shows me an error '500 internal server error'. I think the process of conversion is too long, it should be a short interval process. It redirects you automatically rather it has to be manually for each conversion so that server can relax for a moment and RAM on the server can relax.

Now just because of this long process everytime m trying to upgrade m getting an error at the end '500 internal server error'
Check your server error logs. 500 is such a generic error, unless we know where it's failing, we cannot figure out why it's failing.
I am not upgrading it now. Upgrading is just a big headache for me. Thank got I restore everything. I am fine with 1.2.7

I will never recommend anybody to go for mybb. Very complicated when DB is way to big.
(2011-12-28, 07:55 AM)geet_kunal Wrote: [ -> ]I am not upgrading it now. Upgrading is just a big headache for me. Thank got I restore everything. I am fine with 1.2.7

MyBB 1.2 contains thousands of bugs and hundreds of vulnerabilities. It's highly recommended to upgrade, but if you're just going to complain without even bothering to check why it failed, we cannot help you.

(2011-12-28, 07:55 AM)geet_kunal Wrote: [ -> ]I will never recommend anybody to go for mybb. Very complicated when DB is way to big.

There are MyBB forums with databases as large as 15 GB. Any forum with a large database is going to encounter some sort of issue, you can't single MyBB out for that.
No, actually we or MyBB didn't failed, you failed to remain up-to-date with time to time. That is why they insist and even now it won't have any big problem while upgrading, if you cannot do is, it is recommended you hire some other professional.

How big is your db?
(2011-12-28, 07:55 AM)geet_kunal Wrote: [ -> ]I am not upgrading it now. Upgrading is just a big headache for me. Thank got I restore everything. I am fine with 1.2.7

I will never recommend anybody to go for mybb. Very complicated when DB is way to big.

You have not upgraded your forum for over four and a half years and now have to upgrade 30 versions, and you've only now realised this is a fairly big job?? Here's an idea, maybe try upgrading when updates are released and you might just find the upgrades take far less time as it has far less to do. I mean you didn't even upgrade to the 1.2 series maintenance releases?? I'm sorry, but you have absolutely nobody to blame but yourself for the fact you now have a mammoth upgrade on your hands. The integer conversion process was for 1.2 > 1.4, if you did this when 1.4 was actually released, which was over 3 years ago, your database would have been much smaller and would have taken much less time. You probably just need to raise some PHP limits or something but if you don't want to do that then that is up to you, and if you don't provide any information from your error logs then you can't complain at us, because we're trying to help you.