MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HIGH Cpu Usage!! BUT overall happy with the great support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nope, definitely a dedicated vps!! haha, yes my site is using a whole lot of cpu. Perhaps some indexes are missing? I do not know. I tried removing the ads before, but didn't make much of a difference. Its night time here in Pakistan, it's 4 am, nobody's gonna be online right now, but between 4pm to around midnight, that's close to 9 hours straight, I get around 200 users at all times, and the duffers do not go away, and do not even say thanks (I am gonna fix this though Grr). I have converted most of my tables to innodb, but not yet upgraded MySQL to 5.5, will do so in the near future though. Perhaps someone can check if I am mixing some indexes?
You can't have a 'dedicated vps' a vps is a virtual private server, which is a server divided into smaller virtual servers Toungue But from the sounds of you being over 100% of your CPU they are not really limiting CPU using per vps :|
haha yeah, dedicated meant I am not hosting other sites, nor are they, but I agree, they might have built other vps's too. The load is huge, as of right now, there are a hundred users online and the load is 2.6 so that means 200% usage. It's currently 12 pm local time here in Pakistan, the load is gonna climb in the afternoon all the way to midnight, those times, it averages between 3.5 to 4.5, with 200 users online during that period.
What could be the possible issues?
@labrocca, I agree, I do not have that many posts, but users are killin' me, yes there were 200 users online, if you visit my forum, and see the stats, you'll notice that the most users ever online were 504, and that my friend, was the day when hostmonster kicked me out Smile

The server specs mail my host sent sent me says that it is a dual coe processor, but in WHM, the server info shows following details,

Total processors: 4
Processor #1
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Intel® Xeon® CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
Speed
2400.164 MHz
Cache
12288 KB
Processor #2
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Speed
2400.164 MHz
Cache
12288 KB
Processor #3
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Speed
2400.164 MHz
Cache
12288 KB
Processor #4
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Speed
2400.164 MHz
Cache
12288 KB
Your host is an idiot. That's a quad core. I hate idiot hosts.
* musanaqvi110 thinks labrocca is right in saying that musanaqvi110's host is an idiot
That CPU is a quad-core.

http://ark.intel.com/products/47925/Inte...Intel-QPI)

If anything it's a dual cpu which means it should have 8 cores. But no way that CPU is only dual-core.

Pages: 1 2