MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved]how do you change the colour of thread name / author ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey ^_^

I'm a n00b to get that out of the way for starters, and my forums is installed on a wamp server on my pc until I'm done with setting it up so the uri is "localhost". (sorry!!)

I would like to know how to change the colour of the "thread name / author" as you can see in the picture I attached because I can't seem to find the html in any of the php files in the forum root directory.

I tried changing it in admincp > users & groups > groups > guests (and I tried the registered group and logged in with a registered account). I tried wrapping {username} in <span> tags and added some inline css. I tried wrapping {username} in <strong> and <em> tags, all to no effect Sad

HELP PLEASE!!
I'm apologize, but I'm bumping this since I posted it late last night when everyone must have been sleeping or something. *bump* ^_^
If you want to change the text color of the links add this to your theme's global.css and replace red with whatever color you want:

.forumdisplay_regular a[class*="subject"], .forumdisplay_regular .author a {
	color: red;
}

By the way, don't apologize for not knowing this. We all have to start somewhere Wink
@Ferron ^_^ awesome!! works perfectly, thank you!! I searched the php files and I couldn't find anywhere where it had class="forumdisplay_regular" or class="author.

Which file contains the html for these links if you don't mind sharing??
The code is in Template Sets > [Theme Name] Templates > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_thread though the subject classes are hidden with variables. For HTML editing you'll find everything you need in your theme's templates; you don't have to find any PHP file.