MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Food poisoning..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.. argh! Why does it have to happen to me ? I spent all of yesterday in a bathroom chucking up and "depositing" everything humanly possible... anyone got any ideas on what's best to eat and avoid eating at the moment? I'm feeling slightly better but still not sure what I can and cannot eat.
I'd say ask a professional doctor instead of the MyBB community!
Peter Wrote:I'd say ask a professional doctor instead of the MyBB community!
I do trust some of you lot... :p
You can get Food Poisoning from a few things:

1. Improperly cooked food
  2. Food that has gone bad

Always consult your doctor if you think you've gotten food poisoning, it is serious business and should be taken care of immediately.
The doctors around here always say the same thing ... "go home and rest - it's the best cure".
Then you need a new doctor. o.O
All the doctors at my local doctors surgery are all the same.. well they all give the same information. So much for a load of help they are...
I have NEVER gone to the doctor from food poisoning or intestinal problems. I have just waited it out and hugged the toilet and/or bucket until I felt better. Too many people run to their doctor over the slightest thing, and they don't always know what's best. They nearly killed my hubby recently by giving him the wrong medicine for what was wrong *sorry, I don't trust hospitals*.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the doctor. Who wants to get dressed and drive to your doctor's, when you don't feel well enough to get out of bed (short of those runs to the bathroom). I know that an intestinal virus has circulated through California. I don't know where you live, but this stuff is highly contagious and has made it's way across country. My whole family sufferered from it last year on the east coast. I thought it was food poisoning myself until I heard the virus was going around.

The only thing I can suggest is drink a lot of Gatorade to get hydrated again...chicken noodle soup and a few crackers are also good on an upset stomach. Avoid milk and dairy products until your stomach has settled down.