MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pm when user has been quoted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone got a plugin for this so when a user quotes another user, the quoted user is private messaged?

Cheers guys Big Grin

~ David
PM on every quote, even if the same post is quoted multiple times in a thread? what about nested quotes? since the admin can specify the depth of quotes, it is possible that a user is quoted multiple times in a single post, several quotes deep. Want that supported or only the outer most quote?

What about PM notice only the first time until the thread is read? Much like subscriptions, but this would be a whole new table and system to be supported.

Simplest solution is to send a PM to the quoted user on the outer quote only with no tracking, only a user's global option to be notified or not every time they are quoted
(2011-12-30, 12:25 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]PM on every quote, even if the same post is quoted multiple times in a thread? what about nested quotes? since the admin can specify the depth of quotes, it is possible that a user is quoted multiple times in a single post, several quotes deep. Want that supported or only the outer most quote?

What about PM notice only the first time until the thread is read? Much like subscriptions, but this would be a whole new table and system to be supported.

Simplest solution is to send a PM to the quoted user on the outer quote only with no tracking, only a user's global option to be notified or not every time they are quoted

Yeah that sounds like a good idea - is there any plugins for it or is it possible?

Cheers,

~ David
I think this would be useful with notifications (below the header) rather than PMs, with an option via the User CP to disable the notifications.
no plugin that I am aware of, but I have not looked at all. its totally possible to make one, just depends on what you mean by "Yeah that sounds like a good idea"
(2011-12-30, 12:31 AM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be useful with notifications (below the header) rather than PMs, with an option via the User CP to disable the notifications.

not if you come back after a week to find you have been quoted 100 times. Plus with simple method requires no new tables or subscription tracking, just pushing PMs and one new field in the user table.
(2011-12-30, 12:32 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]no plugin that I am aware of, but I have not looked at all. its totally possible to make one, just depends on what you mean by "Yeah that sounds like a good idea"

Well so say when a userquotes another user, the user that was quoted gets a pm informing them or possibly as fluid mantis said maybe a notification informing them maybe if they are informed only once for each thread?

Cheers,

~ David
(2011-12-30, 12:34 AM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-30, 12:32 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]no plugin that I am aware of, but I have not looked at all. its totally possible to make one, just depends on what you mean by "Yeah that sounds like a good idea"

Well so say when a userquotes another user, the user that was quoted gets a pm informing them or possibly as fluid mantis said maybe a notification informing them maybe if they are informed only once for each thread?

Cheers,

~ David

so the simple solution I gave would work and ignoring all the other options is okay? i may work on this tonight then.have to see how things go IRL though
(2011-12-30, 12:47 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-30, 12:34 AM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers,

~ David

so the simple solution I gave would work and ignoring all the other options is okay? i may work on this tonight then.have to see how things go IRL though

I think the simple solution would work as having a user quote someone then them receiving multiple pms will be frustrating. Thanks Pavemen, much appreciated Big Grin

~ David
I have submitted the plugin to the mods site, just waiting for it to be validated. It was a bigger deal than I expected due to how MyBB works, but it was doable.
(2012-01-02, 08:06 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I have submitted the plugin to the mods site, just waiting for it to be validated. It was a bigger deal than I expected due to how MyBB works, but it was doable.

I tried to make one and gave up. It'll be interesting to see how you did it....

* Paul H. waddles off the the mods site admin panel
Pages: 1 2