MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Kindle DX? Kindle Fire? Should I buy it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really interested in buying a Kindle DX to read manga, books and watch some anime/movies. I'm going to move from my country and I want it to read and watch stuff while I'm traveling.

Do you guys suggest me to buy it? Is it good quality?

What's the difference between Kindle DX and Kindle Fire? Which should I buy?

Thanks.
DX won't work for anime/movies(doesn't play them). And, honestly probably not the greatest for manga (but never tried manga on mine either).

The kindle fire is an android tablet so it can do anything anything android can. But, it's not the best because they don't put the best hardware in the world in to keep costs low. But, between the two it sounds like it's better for you. Although you just want to read I would say the DX because the kindle (DX) is made for reading. The e-paper is way better on the eyes and on the battery.
Why is the DX more expensive than the Fire if we can play videos in the Fire and not in the DX?

Thanks. Smile
I'm going to say 2 reasons. #1 it's bigger. #2 it comes with free 3G(the real reason Toungue).
Ok, thanks. By the way, it's weird. Amazon doesn't ship the Kindle Fire to outside the US, but ships the DX.
(2011-12-30, 01:56 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Why is the DX more expensive than the Fire if we can play videos in the Fire and not in the DX?

The Kindle DX has an e-Ink screen, whereas the Kindle Fire has an LCD screen. The Kindle Fire is more of a tablet, whereas the DX is a true e-Reader.

If you read a lot of traditional books then a Kindle DX is far better than a Kindle Fire as the screen is almost exactly like reading paper so it is better for your eyes and gets almost a month of battery life.

If you want to watch videos and read books with illustrations then a Kindle Fire is the way to go.

I have a Kindle DX for the record.
But Kindle DX also seems nice to read books with illustrations. I will be reading a lot of manga in my Kindle and normal ebooks with just text. Maybe the e-Ink screen will help me more, since I will be reading in public places and in the car.

Well, I have to make a decision.
If you can, wait about a year. Right now, I'll be honest. As much as I hate it, the Ipads are the best on the market right now. When windows 8 comes out, tablets will change drastically. ARM will become the standard, and good things will happen.

If I were you, I'd get an the DX now, and in a year, see what's available.