MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was following this wiki but i got stuck right at the start.

It might ask you to remove a file called 'lock' in this folder. Use an FTP program or a file manager to remove the ./install/lock file.

how do i do that,i'm using core ftp
see Using Core FTP...

you have to find that file (lock in install folder) on ftp AND delete / rename it ...
not sure if is an easy task on core ftp !! many use FileZilla ..
Click the file and choose delete?? Not really sure how many other ways there would be to delete a file.
I have a question about this also. I'm running 1.6.4 but was advised not to upgrade to 1.6.5 until the bugs are all worked out. That's been well over a month ago when I received that advice so I assume any major bugs have been found & are gone? My question is whether or not the wiki is up to date as to the install.
Who advised you not to upgrade? Any new releases are always tested by MyBB's SQA team.
I think there's been a bit of a miscommunication there, it's not like we were going to patch 1.6.5 with more bug fixes, there are just still bugs on our tracker that will be fixed for 1.6.6, there will always be bugs that will be fixed in the next version. When we release an upgrade, upgrade to it, that's why we've released it. And yes, the wiki is up to date, the upgrade process doesn't change with every upgrade.
(2011-12-30, 08:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's been a bit of a miscommunication there, it's not like we were going to patch 1.6.5 with more bug fixes, there are just still bugs on our tracker that will be fixed for 1.6.6, there will always be bugs that will be fixed in the next version. When we release an upgrade, upgrade to it, that's why we've released it. And yes, the wiki is up to date, the upgrade process doesn't change with every upgrade.

Okay got it. Thanks for the detailed answer - makes perfect sense.