MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Width issues with classic postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I decided to try the classic postbit on my new forum with the Novus 2 theme. I have discovered that medium-length usernames cause the width of the postbit to increase, as shown below.

In order to ensure a consistent postbit width, I need to learn how to change the following:

1) decrease the font size of the username shown in the postbit
2) set min-width css for the classic postbit
3) increase width of the author/message label at the top to match the min-width of the classic postbit

[Image: NarrowPostBit.jpg]

In the global.css, which css IDs should I try modifying?

The forum is www.dodgedartcentral.com/forums
Any thoughts?
That is .trow1 and .trow2
You can also force the width in postbit_classic by doing this,

<div style="max-width:130px;">{$post['user_details']}</div>
I'm facing a similar problem but wit custom profiles I have my custom profile on the post bit and it overspills in to the post area, I tried setting a max width but it still overspills.
look for
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">

replace with
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; max-width:168px; min-width:168px;">

it also solve my issue but now i am looking how to fix author and message div width?
can anyone help please
why would you assign max-width and min-width as the same integer? why not use say width: 168px; ?
min-width if someone is not using avatar so
OK, but you could just say width: 168px and it will accomplish the same thing as those two declarations ...

As for the Author / Message part ... do the exact same thing to the TD in which "Author" resides.
i am failed to find this author/message part in Postbit and postbit_classic where it is?

ok i have found this
here is solution

Show Thread Templates > showthread_classic_header >
			<td class="tcat" width="15%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->author}</strong></span></td>

Replace with
			<td class="tcat" width="168px"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->author}</strong></span></td>
thanks