MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Shouldn't they show up in the forums/sub-forums inside the category?
If you actually go inside the forums of that category you should see the announcement.
I am in the sub-forums Ban appeals and this is all I see.
[Image: E5Jjvj.png]
Anyone else have any idea?
I don't remember exactly, but I don't think announcements are propagated to subforums, only the forum they were assigned to. But my memory may not be correct...
Edit : Announcement section says :
Quote:Global announcements are shown in all forums,
whereas ones set for individual forums are shown in that forum and all child forums.

however tested results (myBB 1.6.5) :
Global announcements are shown on all forums including subforums ; subforums can have their
own announcements - BUT parent forum's announcements are not carried over to subforums ..
(2012-01-01, 09:30 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : Announcement section says :
Quote:Global announcements are shown in all forums,
whereas ones set for individual forums are shown in that forum and all child forums.

however tested results (myBB 1.6.5) :
Global announcements are shown on all forums including subforums ; subforums can have their
own announcements - BUT parent forum's announcements are not carried over to subforums ..

How do I know if it is global or regular?
you can clearly see which announcements are global & which are set to individual forums

admin panel --> forums & posts --> Forum Announcements

AND if required, you can edit existing announcement settings and select all forums for Forums to Appear in

see also [Wiki: Admin_CP_Forum_Announcements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Category -> 3 sub-forums

Seems that if you post an announcement under a category, it does not appear anywhere, not even in the sub-forum. If you post a new announcement in one of the sub-forum, the original announcement under the category appears in the sub-forum that has the new announcement, but not in the others. Any fix to this?
It's working fine for 1.6.6. Even the fix for 1.6.5 should work, and has worked. I recommend waiting for 1.6.6 to be released which shouldn't be too long. Smile
(2012-01-03, 07:40 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's working fine for 1.6.6. Even the fix for 1.6.5 should work, and has worked. I recommend waiting for 1.6.6 to be released which shouldn't be too long. Smile

It doesn't work. There is a bug I stated above.
Pages: 1 2 3