MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't click on specific user account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a weird one...

There is a specific user that I cannot click on. When casually reading threads, if I click on this specific user's name (you know, that gives you the screen to send a private message, send email, etc.) I get a Firefox message that explains, "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." I've never received this message before - anywhere. This tells me that something may have happened to the user database perhaps? How can I check?

If I log in as admin, through the admin dashboard backdoor, I can click on the user and see/edit/change anything that I want. It's just the direct from the forum that is not working. It's just this one user. I've tried various other users and have no problems whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas?
Forgot to add - I have NOT upgraded to 1605 yet.
testing link (user link on your forum) required ..
Here is a link -

http://www.groupr1100s.com/forum/Thread-newest-guy

username - Rene'

Thanks ranjani.
it is related to umlaut in the link (may be Google SEO) - lets wait for experts guidance ..

edit :
may be better to change such users name & restrict user names to not use extra characters ..