MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Experience with foreign top-level domains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been contemplating on purchasing the Barbados top level domains (.bb - to represent "bulletin board") for $200 USD per year but I'm concerned about the potential domain being taken away due to the fact that I have no affiliations with the country Barbados. I read somewhere that you need to have either a business or a residential affiliation with the country to respectively own their domain suffix. Can anybody shine some light on this topic please.
It really depends on the country itself. Like .tk is a country domain. But, with co.uk you do need to provide a UK address if I remember correctly.
As far as I know registration is limited to residents of Barbados and companies registered there.
Also they're $120, so I'm guessing that extra $80 is for the middleman that's actually registering the domain for you.

Personally I wouldn't flush $200 on a domain with a .bb extension.
I wouldn't spend that much money on a domain... Save yourself the time and money.
I have an italian domain (as shown in my signature). I paid around $40 at GoDaddy compared to hundreds of dollars at other registrars. My suggestion to you is to do what I did and pay a little bit extra to get a domain trustee 'license'.
(2011-12-30, 11:30 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't spend that much money on a domain... Save yourself the time and money.

It's actually not that bad, only $16 per month or $1.8 per day. This was I could get an original name with a suffix that can represent "bulletin board". I might do this in a year.