MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don;t have these files!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Filezilla download when smooth, zip and uploaded fine. Change permissions on ./inc/config.php >> 666
./inc/settings.php >> 666
./cache/ >> 777
./cache/themes/ >> 777
./uploads/ >> 777
./uploads/avatars/ >> 777

I don' that any of these files! I see .inc hidden in admin... but the rest are not in the unzip or the upload or anywhere. Little help here?
what is your forum URL - if your forum is loading then above referred folders & files should be existing !
may be you are mistaken and there is no .inc folder or a file - not sure where you have seen it ..
I am setting up a URL...So there is nothing to show you. Here is the instructions http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Installing" and they say

MyBB requires certain files and directories to have different permissions in order for it to write to the files. However, the permissions required also depend on how your server is setup. Folders usually should be set to 777. Setting files to 777 will provide read/write/execute access to any user of the server, which may be a security risk, but provides the least troublesome install and operation. You can usually give 666 access to files.

If you are using a GUI program (where you do not have to use commands to perform actions, such as SmartFTP or Filezilla, then usually, you should be able to right click on the file you wish to CHMOD and select something such as "Properties" or "CHMOD." In SmartFTP 2.0, the option is called "Properties / CHMOD." When you have found the right window, most likely there will be checkboxes letting you choose the Permission.

If your server is run as a CGI module, the user that is used is usually the root or main user. As such, permission for 'group' and 'other's can be set to a lower value if you need added security.
Required Changes

Note: You need to rename the config.default.php to config.php first!
The files and folders that require CHMODing for MyBB to install are

filename CHMOD Permission
--------------------------------------------
./inc/config.php >> 666
./inc/settings.php >> 666
./cache/ >> 777
./cache/themes/ >> 777
./uploads/ >> 777
./uploads/avatars/ >> 777

Optional Changes

The files and folders that may be CHMOD for extra functionality are

filename CHMOD Permission
--------------------------------------------
./admin/backups/ >> 777
./inc/languages/english/*all files* >> 666
./inc/languages/english/admin/*all files* >> 666

MY DOWNLOAD DOESN'T HAVE THESE FILES. IF I COULD FIND THE FILES, I WOULD CHANGE THE POTOCAL

^ oh! okay ; some of those will be created during myBB forum installation ; check them after installing myBB
Well, they definitely are in the download (apart from config.php which is called config.default.php), printscreen what you see when you're in the Upload folder in the download.
Here is the best screenshot I can give you:

http://www.explore-lombok.com/community/...nload1.jpg
Have you looked inside the folders at the top?

For example, you find inc/settings.php inside the "inc" folder...
Yes they're not actually called './inc/settings.php' etc, it's a file called settings.php in the inc folder. './cache/' is just the cache folder, './cache/themes/' is the themes folder inside the cache folder. They're file structures.
Ok, found the problem. I was using the new Winzip and it didn't unzip all folders in a single step as it used to. So, some of the files were not shown. All is well, so far!