MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rebuilding my Forum: Is this possible & a good idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all & a premature Happy New Year to you all.

I've had my forum for nearly a year and a half now, from being a total noob to being more competent with MyBB. Many plugins have been used and unused, many templates changed, and many alterations elsewhere.

But now, as a result i would say, i have this gut feeling that things are cluttered file wise. One recent thing to make me think this was the fact that the PHP and Template Conditionals plugin didn't work as was planned.

Would it be a good idea, and possible, on a sub domain, to completely rebuild my forum from the ground up, using a fresh mybb install, and installing the plugins i use, and making only the necessary template changes, then once complete, move this newly built forum and overwrite my current one.

i.e Everything looks the same on the front end, but everything is fresh/correct in the back end.

If you read all that, your thoughts are appreciated.
Yes it's possible, but it's probably easier to just undo any changes you've made.