MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright on the very very first step of merging after it sat there loading for about 15 minutes I received an error which is this,

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_datacache SET `title`='import_cache',`cache`='a:14:{s:13:\"resume_module\";a:1:{i:0;N;}s:8:\"disabled\";a:0:{}s:9:\"completed\";a:0:{}s:17:\"newdb_query_count\";i:36;s:16:\"total_query_time\";d:0.057866573333740234375;s:20:\"allow_anonymous_info\";i:1;s:10:\"first_page\";i:1;s:17:\"requirements_pass\";i:1;s:18:\"requirements_check\";i:1;s:14:\"problem_notice\";i:1;s:5:\"board\";s:4:\"mybb\";s:10:\"start_date\";i:1311557307;s:6:\"module\";s:16:\"db_configuration\";s:11:\"autorefresh\";s:2:\"no\";}'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
That means the server timed out. You should contact your host, as we cannot do anything about that.
(2011-12-31, 01:58 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That means the server timed out. You should contact your host, as we cannot do anything about that.

Can you suggest me to a hosting company that can handle this kind of merge? Because I am sure they will just say some useless stuff...
Just as I assumed... They said that merging databases is 100% impossible, and they have never heard about it before. This is godaddy hosting.. I talked to a tier 1, 2, and 3 hosting support representative. Any suggestions?
You could always install XAMPP or WAMP or some such thing (on Windows) or if using Linux install your distro's packages for PHP, MySQL, and Apache and do this locally where you can control the settings.

I've successfully run the merge on every host I've tried it on, so basically any reputable host should be able to handle it.
(2011-12-31, 02:32 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You could always install XAMPP or WAMP or some such thing (on Windows) or if using Linux install your distro's packages for PHP, MySQL, and Apache and do this locally where you can control the settings.

I've successfully run the merge on every host I've tried it on, so basically any reputable host should be able to handle it.

Alright I will look into this. I probably am just going to buy like hostgator business hosting just for this one merge. As I know they could probably handle it as they are the best I have used.
You don't need business class. I've done several mergers on hostgator's shared hosting.
Good to know. I figured out a way to do it but now I am having a bit problem. This sucks... :/

http://community.mybb.com/thread-110812.html