MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore a deleted board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Daily backups are good. But you just never know what will happen.
Right so I'm back. My host has sent me an email saying they've restored a backup. I assume they've just written over the newer one.

So, what do I do from here xD?
Well the backup wasn't old enough if that forum isn't back yet.
You sure?

(2011-12-31, 07:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You won't need to do anything with the files, and it wouldn't be as simple as just importing the backup because then you'd lose everything that was added/updated since the forum was deleted.

If you have a backup, we'd need to write you a script to reimport only what was deleted. If you don't have a backup, and your host doesn't either, then there's nothing you can do, and it'd be a good advert for taking backups.

He's saying you will loose posts if you import it. If you've lost posts and don't have the forum back - it isn't old enough. If you haven't lost posts and don't have the forum back - your host didn't restore it/restored an extremely recent one.
Yep. Wellp unfortunately they backed up (and wrote over) the backup with the deleted board about an hour ago. The annoying thing is they backed up from one of my backups (no clue how) instead of theirs without asking me. Thanks everyone.
Pages: 1 2