MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup a forum on a different site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so my forum is at : www.mcml.x10.mx And i am moving the forum to www.mcmlgaming.net

how do i back it up and move it?
Do you have cPanel?
Edit: Yes you do...

In cPanel, go into file manager, and select everything (files/folders) related to myBB. Then in the navbar, choose compress, and save it to your home directory.

Navigate up to your home directory, and download the files...

Next:
Go into phpMyAdmin, go into your database, and choose "Export" at the top. Choose simple export, and download and save it.

On your new site, upload the files ZIP file to your server, and then in the File Manager of the new site, choose to Uncompress/Expand the zip file.
On the new site, go into phpMyAdmin, and import the SQL file exported earlier.

Then, you will need to change your board URL, as well as your cookie settings.

More about cookie settings: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Cookies
You have to edit them in your inc/settings.php file, and then change the board URL in the ACP.
Hope this helps you out!
Wow thanks to you i did it!!! +1
Glad to help. I was wondering if you were going to understand it all. I tend to write really fast on longer posts like this one because I don't like typing something super long out, and then having someone else post it before me. If you need any more help, just let me know here or by PM -- either way!
no i understood just fine. im using ipage.com for hosting its less than 100$ for 2 years of hosting.