MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB ShoutBox 2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I have downloaded the shoutbox and uploaded files as the install.txt file said that I should but whenever I try to 'install & activate' the shoutbox, it gives me this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8 Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_shouts ( sid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', message text NOT NULL, dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
Any other information required, just post and I will reply ASAP
Ok, I found a page that said that it is an 'incompatibility issue with MySQL 5.5'
And then a link was given to the files I needed to fix it. Where am I supposed to put the files?

Also, I'm running MyBB 1.6.5
(2011-12-31, 11:59 PM)matthebat Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
I have downloaded the shoutbox and uploaded files as the install.txt file said that I should but whenever I try to 'install & activate' the shoutbox, it gives me this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8 Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_shouts ( sid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', message text NOT NULL, dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
Any other information required, just post and I will reply ASAP
Ok, I found a page that said that it is an 'incompatibility issue with MySQL 5.5'
And then a link was given to the files I needed to fix it. Where am I supposed to put the files?

Also, I'm running MyBB 1.6.5

I know it's old but here's the solution: In the file /inc/plugins/shoutbox.php replace the "TYPE=MyISAM" for "ENGINE=MyISAM"

Worked for me