MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions about Group Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

While I was reading a support topic, I realised that we could use two handy new tools for the group management:

One is: setting the default registration group through the main settings interface. This could help you setup a new user group with different restrictions so that spammers who break through your defence systems (usually humans) stand little to no chance... it would be quicker than setting up a new group, then performing a promotion and so on; especially if you forgot to set up the default Registered group and was reminded to do so when directly confronting the problem.

The second one: the ability to move all users from a group to another, without the promotion system Smile It could also be useful for the first tool.

Update:

While I was translating for the romanian package, I noticed that the language for settings, setting groups and tasks in the ACP (besides user groups, but that wouldn't be a hindrance) is hardcoded into the database, which makes applying a different language to the ACP a bit funny, so I had to make a tool that also translated these strings.

My suggestion would be to include 2-3 new language files for these strings, and let stored in the database their constants, or something like that. So the language pack could be complete Smile
Hm, I think these would be nice since 1.6.x.

Is somebody willing to move this thread into MyBB 1.6 Suggestions and Feedback?