MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whit the RSS mod can you make an RSS feed of all the tables you will.

NEW in version 1.1(FULL):
You can select a field and give the value that this field must have for parse the row.

WHAT?
This mod can makes a feed for every table you will. The settings are in the AdminCP.
[attachment=3623][attachment=3624]

INSTALL
1. You give the file "feed.php" a name you will. You upload this file to the root of your forum.
2. You upload the file "rss.php" to the directory /inc/plugins.
3. Set the settinsg in your AdminCP

Whats the difference by the Full and the Light version?
On the Light version, you haven't options. The Light version is onley for the post table.
Perhaps you can better explain how to use this mod?
To get people interested in this mod, there are a few things you could do:
  • Explain what the mod does
  • Explain how to install the mod
  • Explain the difference between the full and light versions
Also, where/what code needs to be modified to have it use an RSS Link from another site.

Edit: Visited the website and theres not much there either.

As much as I'd like to say I have some clue into what I'm doing, you offer not descriptors worth mentioning in the code to help anyone figure out exactly where to insert links, or how your code picks up RSS feeds. Sorry man, need alittle more with this.
OK I go modifcate the first post
sabbok Wrote:Alrighty I guess what everyones looking for here is this:

1) Give us the code we need to change in order to poll RSS feeds from the sites we choose. What line in the code do we enter this, or how do we have the mod enter this for us.
2) If not that, what is the purpose of the "feed.php" if we cannot enter RSS links into it?
3) Give us step by step instructions so that the newest person to php can take your mod and install it. Not everyone is a php wiz, and everyones gotta start somewhere.
4) If all else fails, is there a place that we can post complaints that people know someone will respond?

Like I said in my statements, no everyone's a wiz, and upon releasing a mod, there has to be something in their that tells people very simply what they need to do, where they need to change settings, and what the effect will be on the change.

Thats pretty much all I got. I'm not trying to bash you down man, I love the RSS stuff, but its never going to go anywhere if no one understands the whole deal.
The file feed.php makes the feed.

For works with tihis mod, you dont must know PHP. All the settings are on the settings panel of your board. As you sawe this settings, the mod works.

As there a problem, you can post it here or on my board(Dutch).
damn, this sux =(
Pages: 1 2