MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin make meta tags for mybb forums like vb forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

i want some one help me to found plugin or some thing can make meta tag for mybb forums like vb forums

because i see the urls for vb forums more better in seo than mybb forums
thnx too much
I'm using Google SEO plugin. Does Google SEO function like meta tag plugin too?!
I also wrote my forum's metatag information in headerinclude manually. Do this plugin the same work?
(2012-01-01, 10:13 PM)Deadhy Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/metatags-plugin

Does that plugin put the same meta keywords and descriptions on every page? If so, I advise against using it. Having the same keywords and descriptions on every page is detrimental to SEO.

(2012-05-01, 07:15 PM)armin3000 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Google SEO plugin. Does Google SEO function like meta tag plugin too?!
I also wrote my forum's metatag information in headerinclude manually. Do this plugin the same work?

Likewise, it's bad practice to put meta tags in your headerinclude template, if you do that you will have the same keywords and description on every page.

For dynamic meta tags on threads and forums you can use the Google SEO plugin. Then you just need to add meta tags to your index and/or portal templates.
Sorry, I wrote wrong. My current metatags are in Index Page Templates>index
I read some where to write these things:

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="----MY SITE DESCRIPTION-----">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="--------KEYWORDS-------------">
<META NAME="robot" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="-------COPYRIGHT INFO------------">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="----------MY NAME AND INFO------------">
<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="www.onlinemetatag.com">
<META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="">

Does it right? Should I use metatag plugin too? wich way is better? Meta tag plugin needs google code too!
No, you don't need the meta tag plugin.