MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've ran into a problem which I can't figure out ...

In order to test some features on my forum I decided to create a localhost on which I could install my forum.

So I created a physical back up of all the files, and created a back up of the database. Once I had installed the localhost with all of it's components I copied the files to it, I used BigDump to import the database in PhpMyAdmin. I changed the cookie settings and tried to access the forum on my localhost.

But I got the error: Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it. I don't understand why I am getting this ... I upgraded the public version of my forum a few weeks ago so why does the copied version giving me this error?

But I did try to continue, so I removed the lock file, started the installer and chose: Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.6.5. (this gave me an error on the class_session file, but I fixed it).

The next screen is the login screen to begin the upgrade process, and this is were the REALLY weird thing starts ... It doesn't recognize the admin account ?!

Quote:Error
You do not have permissions to run this process. You need administrator permissions to be able to run the upgrade procedure.

If you need to logout, please click here. From there you will be able to log in again under your administrator account.

So I checked it in PhpMyAdmin, and my account is an admin (usergroup 4), but it's not the first admin account created. So I ran the query to replace the original admin account to 'test' and tried it with that one ... but it also gave me the same error Sad (My account is also the super admin in the config file).

Sorry for the long story, but has anyone experienced something similar or has a solution for me?
Dont upgrade, theres an option on the installer to install a fresh copy.
But that way it wouldn't be a copy of my forum, this would make me start all over again.

That's the main reason I'm doing this, so I can try out some new things on my forum but all in a test environment.
Hmmm ... I no longer have the above problem. The forum is up and running on the localhost.

But a new problem has occurred Blush Huh

Most of the links are linking to the online version of my forum ... for example my User CP, Mod CP and Admin CP are all linked to the real online version, search, member list and calender as well ... Even private messages!

I hope I can fix this with a setting of some sort, but honestly I haven't got a clue where to find it.
In your Admin CP, in the settings you need to change the Board URL to your localhost one. You can find the Admin CP if you append /admin/ to your URL (unless you've changed your ACP folder).
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

I hoped it would be a setting like that one, but I didn't know Board URL did this.

Now I can really start testing Smile