MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I cleared everything from my host, and installed a fresh version of mybb. I also did a database merge. I have a couple problems though. For some reason only sigs show for mod, staff, and admins. Also When I upload a plugin I had before it automatically gets activated, and almost never works properly. For example right now I have the myadvertisments plugin installed, and the only people the ads show for is admins, and the only groups that are exempt from them is the upgraded groups. So they should be showing for guests etc. I have installed a new copy of the plugin, and also deactivated, and activated it again. All help is very much appreciated.
(2012-01-02, 06:52 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]So recently I cleared everything from my host, and installed a fresh version of mybb. I also did a database merge. I have a couple problems though. For some reason only sigs show for mod, staff, and admins. Also When I upload a plugin I had before it automatically gets activated, and almost never works properly. For example right now I have the myadvertisments plugin installed, and the only people the ads show for is admins, and the only groups that are exempt from them is the upgraded groups. So they should be showing for guests etc. I have installed a new copy of the plugin, and also deactivated, and activated it again. All help is very much appreciated.

Did you by chance upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5?

And for the plugins, I would deactivate them and re activate them.

You may need to de activate all, delete the files from the server and re upload the files back to the server plugin file.
Yes I did upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 and I will try that thanks.
(2012-01-02, 07:05 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 and I will try that thanks.

There are new features in 1.6.5 that include restriction of signatures..

You can edit it under user groups > choose group > users and permissions > and you will find the signature section. That should solve your problem.
(2012-01-02, 07:09 AM)jmilch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-02, 07:05 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 and I will try that thanks.

You can edit it under user groups > choose group > users and permissions > and you will find the signature section. That should solve your problem.

Oh wow what a cool option. That can really come in handy!
(2012-01-02, 07:11 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]

there were many plugins that did it before, so if you had one, de activate it and use the built in feature now instead.
(2012-01-02, 07:12 AM)jmilch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-02, 07:11 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]

there were many plugins that did it before, so if you had one, de activate it and use the built in feature now instead.

Nope I never did as I never seen any plugins that allowed that do I have no worries. Smile