MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing board statistics > Templates and Language Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I wish to change the text of this "block" on my forum to not mislead people that it is not mybb, but to give it a site feel and that some effort has been put in. This is the block/template that I wish to change:

"Our members have made a total of 0 posts in 0 threads.
We currently have 1 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Admin
The most users online at one time was 1 on 11-20-2011 at 01:43 PM"

I only want to restructure/rewrite the sentences. The first place I went was the templates as almost every "phrase" is located in the templates. I happened to come accross this, which was certainly for that block as I added an A to the end of PM, which showed on site refresh.

"
<tr><td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->boardstats}</strong></span></td></tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
{$lang->stats_posts_threads}<br />
{$lang->stats_numusers}<br />
{$lang->stats_newestuser}<br />
{$lang->stats_mostonline}
</span>
</td>
</tr>

This was found in index_stats. I went to lang files to find;

$l['stats_posts_threads'] = "Our members have made a total of {1} posts in {2} threads.";
$l['stats_numusers'] = "We currently have {1} members registered.";
$l['stats_newestuser'] = "Please welcome our newest member, <b>{1}</b>";
$l['stats_mostonline'] = "The most users online at one time was {1} on {2} at {3}";

I see an issue here. I can't restructure the sentences to seperate or combine some stats. {1} on one line is a completely different reference on another, such as post_threads {1} relates to number of posts whereas {1} relates to number of members. I know their are some languagy type things like {$lang->X?X?X} which often represent just a number rather than a phrase, so I can make a sentence like "Please welcome our newest member, <b>{$lang->X?X?X}</b> directly in the templates.

Is this still possible to do?

Thanks,

-Lewis/Groovybluedog - (RUNNING LATEST 1.6)
You won't be able to move the {x} from 1 string to another string without also modifying the index.php code (or having a plugin of some sort).

If you tell us what you want the text to show, we can help you further.