MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sell Code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive seen on http://www.minibb.net/index.php?p=realsupp that for $40 you can basivly do what you want with there script.

Is there anything like that - that you guys offer for mybb?
What like pay to have a copy of the code and do what ever you like even sell it?
Yeah that sorta thing, ive seen a few forums do that.
You mean the copyright in the footer removal? Currently we do not have any pricing for such but with the release of the new website we plan to support these extra commercial addons (such as installation, and copyright removal).

Copyright removal however does not give you the right to reistribute copies of MyBB under another name. The product, and code is still copyrighted to the MyBB Group.

Regards,
Chris
Yeah thats what i mean though,

To pay for the right to re-dist.
/boot/liam Wrote:Yeah thats what i mean though,

I don't think there will be the option to pay for re-distribution. it's clearly stated in the end user lisence that distribution is prohibited and I imagine that it would be contradictive to say the least.

maybe Chris will have a paid resource where people who sell webhosting can install and provide mybb to there customers with all mybb copyrights intact unless a license removal is purchased as well but I cannot see allowing the opprotunity to let someone buy it just to remove copyrights and sell as one's own.
John Briggs Wrote:
/boot/liam Wrote:Yeah thats what i mean though,

I don't think there will be the option to pay for re-distribution. it's clearly stated in the end user lisence that distribution is prohibited and I imagine that it would be contradictive to say the least.

maybe Chris will have a paid resource where people who sell webhosting can install and provide mybb to there customers with all mybb copyrights intact unless a license removal is purchased as well but I cannot see allowing the opprotunity to let someone buy it just to remove copyrights and sell as one's own.

Oh well worth a try...i wanna buy a forum lol
Why not just start from scratch? Wink

Or use MyBB!
Todd B. Wrote:Why not just start from scratch? Wink

1 - im a lazy old toad
2 - i aint got the skillz
Toungue

Todd B. Wrote:Or use MyBB!

I want my own Cool
Well as I said before, the source code and the rights for redistribution are currently not for sale and there are no plans to make them available.
Pages: 1 2