MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 problems oh dear :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there mybb today i bring 2 problems probably easy to solve for some on here i would really appreciate it if anyone could help.

How do i change the color of the banner in the picture because you can not read the text underneath it i think it was because installed a new theme recently i have tried to find it in the global.css but cant seem to find it can anyone help with this one.

[Image: forumbanner.png]

This is a very annoying problem i have that i have been trying to fix for a while but it can probably be fixed very easy if someone can tell me the default directory's for the thread rating images also this has been caused by the recent theme i have installed.

The thread ratings do not show at all but they take effect if i hover my mouse over them or click them.

[Image: threadrating.png]

Please tell me some of your solutions i will try them and get back to you.
it should be in the theme global.css for your theme as trow_sep.

as for the stars mine are in t he default images folder

/images/star_rating.gif

in the root of your forum not sure about that theme though a forum URL would be nice.
(2012-01-04, 08:37 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]it should be in the theme global.css for your theme as trow_sep.

as for the stars mine are in t he default images folder

/images/star_rating.gif

in the root of your forum not sure about that theme though a forum URL would be nice.
Hi there i tried placing the image file in the directory and the star picture dose still not show up.

I cannot provide url because the board is down for this reason.

Bump can anyone help me with this simple problem ?
ok are you sure the image hsa the same name as the original image for instance

star_rating.png will not overwrite star_rating.gif if you right click the image it will give you the path to the image files just make sure the star images are in there.
(2012-01-05, 01:15 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]ok are you sure the image hsa the same name as the original image for instance

star_rating.png will not overwrite star_rating.gif if you right click the image it will give you the path to the image files just make sure the star images are in there.
I know i right clicked on the imaged and clicked copy image adress and pasted it in notepad and checked the location on m t ftp server but everything seems to be in place it could be my new theme because when i installed it it messed up a few things but these are the last things to fix.

If you can tell me all the locations of the thread rating's including where the code is in the template i will take a look and try and correct anything to match the theme then get back to you.

what theme are you using (also make sure you hard refresh your browser by pressing f5)
(2012-01-05, 07:48 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]what theme are you using (also make sure you hard refresh your browser by pressing f5)
I know i am doing everything you are telling me to do already but the star images are just not showing i am using this theme.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/javagamedev-co...ic-release

I had to change my template set to default template with the new theme because none of the plugins where working on the template set that the theme came with could this be why i dont think it can be because i have tried it on all the set templates and the thread star rating images do not show.

Everything works for the thread rating system i can hover over it and it will work when i click it will say your rating has been added just the image dose not show on the forum or the thread Sad

If you understand lol

to be honest i can see the images in the archive but without the forum being up i cannot really check any more?