MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Runescape Forum | Working on a new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently working on a new theme for http://rskingdom.com

The current theme was a bodge job and really it needed improving so I have been slowly working on a new theme. What do you think of where I am going with it and before I take it any further do you have any suggestions?

http://i.imgur.com/oCltF.png
One thing that pops up to me, Is the gradients. The thead and tcat gradients look old school, I would try to make the top end of the gradient and darker gray, instead of white.
(2012-01-04, 09:57 PM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that pops up to me, Is the gradients. The thead and tcat gradients look old school, I would try to make the top end of the gradient and darker gray, instead of white.

Ok thanks for the advice buddy
The banner feels seems lacking, the overall design feel makes it seem dark & dingy.

Nice activity/stats though.
I like the current one more. You can have the new one as an alternative but I don't recommend making it the main one.
(2012-01-04, 11:11 PM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]I like the current one more. You can have the new one as an alternative but I don't recommend making it the main one.

Well my goal is to perk it up a lot. The header is what I have nearly finished. The current theme I am just not happy with. I really don't like having the panel which is why I have moved all usercp and so on into a dropdown menu.

Maybe I should take the header and place on my current theme and remove the panel?
How about you pull away from that type of theme, and really go original? I've said it to many people, that feels a lot like Runegears theme. The layout, the color, and such.

I say make it feel brighter, and more Runescape like. Maybe take a look at the Runescape website? Why always so dark?
(2012-01-05, 12:09 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]How about you pull away from that type of theme, and really go original? I've said it to many people, that feels a lot like Runegears theme. The layout, the color, and such.

I say make it feel brighter, and more Runescape like. Maybe take a look at the Runescape website? Why always so dark?

I dunno, I like the layout but I was going to change the colors. I guess I understand why it my seem like runegear but stuff like the login is not what they have and we are not aiming to look like them

Updated the theme. Smile
It looks better but still too dark for my taste.

I like your logo design but it seems so puny.
Maybe try doubling it in size?
Pages: 1 2