MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum problem :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning: chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access ./ owned by uid 32031 in /home/xxxx/public_html/portal.php on line 19
$forumdir is invalid!
admin control panel

Warning: chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access ../ owned by uid 32031 in /home/sss/public_html/admin/global.php on line 13

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./inc/init.php in /home/sss/public_html/admin/global.php on line 22

Warning: main(./inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sss/public_html/admin/global.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sss/public_html/admin/global.php on line 22
This is not a problem with myBB. You will need to contact your host and ask them to turn off safe mode.

If they will not do this for you I would strongly recommend that you find another host because 99.5% of the php scripts you will find out on the internet will require that safe mode not be enabled.
There's a problem because PHP is configured with safe_mode enabled on your server. If it's your own server you can deactivate safe_mode in the file php.ini. Otherwise you have to contact your host.
I think the problem is that safe_mode isn't configured properly as I know some boards that run without any problems with safe_mode enabled.
Could you try this file?
I think it should work.
Wow, Crakter! This member hasn't even visited in four months. LOL Wink
I know.. I just fixed the bug, or well I think I did, as I saw it in our Idea list for 1.4.
Well, hopefully they visit soon and can take advantage of it! Big Grin